Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break Chillin

This year we voted to go to Victoria for spring break and see my parents. Unfortunately, Blake was unable to get time off, so he stayed home, for the 10 days, and bonded with our dog Cooper. He said that for the first few days, Coop would just sit outside Brooke and Chan's door waiting for them to open it. Poor guy!

We had a fantastic time. It was hard convincing my kids that 45 degrees was going to be cold and they needed to bring gloves and jackets....they were glad they had a smart mom! Despite the rain that fell on and off, every day except 2 days, and the occational flurry, we had a great time and didn't let the weather hold us back.

My brother, Travis, took a three day weekend and flew out to be with us. He has so much energy and was so fun...it was great to see him. He judged our sea shell contest, threw kids around in the wavepool, took us to a movie, and tried to dominate on the Wii. Here are a few highlights of our vacation.
My mom and dad arrived home, from their 2 week cruise, just and hour after we arrived. Dev jumped out and surprised them.
Very intense sea shell judging
of course, dad's cookies, and countless other Canadian treat we ate!
Mom cooked great meals all week...even a TURKEY dinner
Playing hard with Trav.

1 comment:

MaryandDan said...

Hello! So fun to hear from you.
So fun to see your family! I have not seen your parents for so long, but my mom told me years ago that they are loving Victoria. We have yet to go explore it. We went with Lisa and Mike to Tofino, but did not have time for Victoria. Your children are darling and growing up so fast!

The website for the necklaces are:
http://www.janeeskuri.com/
I have been helping Jane out so she lets me order them for a much better price than the internet site, for example the
Toggle Onyx & Pearl Name Tag Necklace is $40 plus $13 per name tag. I am happy to place the order for you and mail you the jewelry. If you want prices on any other items just let me know. It will be easier to correspond via email: mkdahl@shaw.ca
Say hi to Blake!