Monday, September 28, 2009

Yummy Fruit

With all the fruit on sale this month, what better time to try my skills at canning. After some inspriation from my cousin Janice on how easy it was to can raspberry jam, I gave it a whirl. Those jars were such a pretty red! I will try and forget how much sugar it takes to make these babies.


Of course you need fresh rolls to try the jam with. After all this cooking, I admit I was burnt out. Then Melissa tells me that her friend is selling peaches for their group and do I want some Utah peaches.


So, the following Monday, I canned 17 jars of peaches. This took some time and I missed having a buddy to chat with while I worked. Next time I will have to share the love and get someone to buy some peaches and can with me.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I did raspberry and strawberry jam last year and we are still enjoying it! Next time you do peaches give me a call.. I have never done them before and would love to learn!!

katie and co. said...

Way to be domestic, Kand!