Monday, August 24, 2009

Roosevelt trip

It has been our tradition to go to Roosevelt lake with some close friends and start the summmer off right. This year, there were 5 families, 3 boats, 2 moterhomes, 1 trailer, and the Jayco. We always look forward to great water times, night games, super food, and lots of laughs. We sure weren't disappointed.
Mudd island is a must stop. I stayed in the boat with Cooper...didn't want mud in all of his white fur. They did mud angels, mud muscles, and mud flops

Devon and Brooke Hardy

The "aquadam" was new this year. It was great to slide on and prevented the boats from getting scratched.

Melissa boarding

Channy wanted to try everything. Slolom skiing, kneeboarding, tubing, and wakeboarding.

The kids loved to tube. Good thing Blake and Chad like to pull them, because there was plenty of choppy water to help make crazy rides. Brooke, Paige, McKenna and Syd would jump from one tube to the next.

This picture was too cute. It is Aiden and Cooper. They were watching a skier out the back of the boat. Both have great hair!

Blake had some awesome turns when we were able to find calm water. It was kind of a windy 3 days.

I had probably my shortest ski every. Since my hip has been injured, I have to take it easy. So I only did about 10 cuts and dropped. Felt kind of wimpy, but my hip didn't hurt afterwards and that was great news!

Bills mud angel

Kate was brave and tried to get up on one ski after her 4th baby. She decided that dropping one would be better...good for you

Aly and Melissa kicking back.


For some reason, I didn't get a picture of our hand picked campsite. It was awesome. Sonja and Kate planned and organized our great food....we never starve. All the kids and teens got along. A very memorable time. Since I was our boat all the time, I didnt' get a group shot of the shore people. I've got to find one!

1 comment:

katie and co. said...

So fun to catch up on these posts Kandyce! I've gotta get that picture of Bill in the mud. That's classic. Good times...good times!