Sunday, November 29, 2009

Better Late than Never Thanksgiving Memories

It has been our tradition, since moving here 10yrs ago, to have Thanksgiving with my cousins. Its great spreading the cooking burden, and we get so many yummy dishes....I look forward to this every year. However, I must say that I do prefer the October Canadian Thanksgiving to this November business. It seems like I just finish making a huge meal, and then I'm doing it again 4 weeks later. Oh well, good thing I love turkey. Michelle and family were suppose to join us, but some had the flu so they bailed.....thank you for not sharing. We did however get to see my uncle from Canada which I really enjoyed.
I asked Blake if he could be in charge of the pies. He jumped at the opportunity to dust off his pie making skills. He learned how to make pies in YM growing up....who says those boys don't pay attention! He even took the time to teach the girls how to make one.






Kicking back on the couch waiting for the finishing touches in the kitchen....smells yummy!

Danny, Uncle Trev, and Blake.....come and get it!
Chantelle decided that she wanted to have a piece of only 4 of the desserts.....the chocolate pie was her favorite....my kind of girl





A great meal for those we love. Thanks for all the help! And we don't really look that worn out.
A little after dinner playtime...Dev just can't stop wrestling.

No comments: